Below you can find the outline for your volunteer program.
Arrival at Jaipur International Airport and transfer to Idex Jaipur accommodation. Meals are not included today.
Day orientation about
- India & its culture
- Accommodation facilities
- How to do volunteer work
- Project activities
- Cultural responsibility
- Personal safety & Code of Conduct
- Introduction to the volunteering project
- Elementary Hindi lessons (onetime activity)
Introduction visit to the volunteering project to start the working and also to plan the volunteering activities for the coming days. (B,D)
Volunteering Work. Evening visit and dinner with a local host family. (B,D)
Volunteer work. Henna painting session with sari dressing workshop (onetime activity)(B,L,D)
Free time/ Optional trip to Taj Mahal (trip to Taj Mahal is not included)(B,D)
Volunteer work as per the indicated daily schedule and afternoon routine of and participants will also participate in the following cultural workshops
- 2 Yoga session and (onetime activity)
- Local Cooking demonstration (one time activity)(B,L,D)
Free time/Optional trip to Puskar for Camel Safari (Camel Safari is not included)(B,L,D).
Free time/Optional trip to Puskar for Camel Safari (Camel Safari is not included)(B)
Transfer to Jaipur International Airport, if not staying longer.
Volunteer work from Monday to Friday during the mornings and afternoons for a total of about 5 hours a day.
After breakfast on your final day of the program, you will be transferred back to Jaipur/Delhi Airport in good time for your onward flight. (B)
The schedule of the day depends on the type of project, but below is a brief outline of a normal day:
07:00-08:00 Breakfast at accommodation
08:00-13:00 Project volunteering work
13:30-14:30 Lunch at accommodation *
15:00-16:00 Cultural workshops - as per program schedule (only during first week)
16:00-17:00 Preparation meeting/lesson planning for next day
17:00-17:30 Tea/coffee at accommodation
19:00-20:00 Dinner at accommodation
*Lunch may be offered as packed lunch or lunch at the project depending on different factors such as distance from accommodation and others.
The scheduled time table mentioned above may change due to the need of the project or any other circumstances.
Your stay will be extended in weekly blocks according to the amount of time you have reserved for your volunteering experience.
You can help wherever you are most needed or you can specify which area you are most interested in by talking to your travel advisor. The areas of specialisation which you can choose from in the Jaipur Volunteer program are:
Daily caring for and help with basic education of children from underprivileged communities is one of the most satisfying and popular of volunteering activities. Overall purpose of these projects is to provide a higher standard of care to infants and young children in different public and privately-run facilities by providing hands-on support on a day to day basis. Volunteering activities on these projects include one or more of activities similar to the following:
- Preparing meals for and feeding children
- Helping the children with bathing, homework etc.
- Primary education through books and educational activities.
- Other activities as may be need by the institution/facility
Volunteers engaged in teaching activities make a direct and long term contribution to the development of students for building their confidence, academic performance and future prospects.
Volunteers work mostly in pairs as teachers or teaching assistants for one or more of the following kind of activities based on the curriculum and academic plans for the educational facility or project:
- Teaching English, Math, Computers / IT and creative subjects.
- Music Lessons and practice.
- Sports instructions and activities.
- Helping with homework
- Supporting teachers with lesson planning or preparations
- Extra classes to students requiring special attention
Any particular activities are available depending on the needs of the project at the time.
The volunteer organization was launched in 1999 with the intention to provide tourism and volunteering benefits to international travelers, while supporting various NGOs for social development programs in India.
Over the years, they have become the regional leader in volunteering, travel and cultural exchange, internships and high school exchange programs in India. For almost a century, travelers have always planned their journeys around heritage monuments, beautiful cities, beaches or wildlife. These days, travelers are also keen to interact with the local community and participate in the life of the people thus enriching their travel experience and making it more memorable and rewarding. Since volunteering also brings inner satisfaction and immediate gratification, it enhances the value of your vacation. So, when you come to India, be prepared to volunteer, explore, travel, relax and immerse yourself in the local culture.
Volunteers participate in educational enhancement for students of local communities specifically in the areas of English, math and creativity enhancement.
- Computer training: Volunteers can make use of the well-tested and developed modules of teaching basic computer skills to enthusiastic local girls and women.
- English classes: Volunteers, with their involvement in teaching English to local women, can help the project achieve a multitude of objectives like empowerment and increasing employability.
- Job skills: Volunteers can engage with a group of young girls and teach them certain vocational skills that might be helpful for them to earn their own living.
There is always an element of care and empowerment evident in our volunteering activities. A variety of areas is covered at this volunteer project which provides a wholesome view of the deprived or weaker segment of the society.
By working with the communities, you make a noticeable difference in the lives of the people you have worked with. Your work with the women and children in the community helps motivate them towards the value of education, build their overall confidence and lead a better and healthy life. Witnessing what kind of impact your, your colleagues' and previous volunteers' work has will give you an overall sense of achievement of making difference in the lives of so many people in need.
On services that you use, such as your accommodation, food, transportation, trips, airport pickups, intercity travel, weekend excursions (if included in the program), workshops, some materials that you use, for people who support you.
- All transfers and sightseeing by vehicle or by train
- Accommodation at the Jaipur volunteer house
- Culture activities
- Meals as per itinerary
- Periodic on-site assistance of an English speaking translator
- All material required for various activities during the volunteer work like color pens, paper, sports equipment etc.
- Assistance in setting up local support for the volunteers’ activities in coordination with the local NGOs.
- Extensive pre-departure information, port-arrival printed material, regular training and support for preparing the volunteers for their experience.
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for disturbance in the trip program due to circumstances, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
- Personal expenses such as extra food and drinks, room service items, laundry, telephone calls, tips to guides, drivers etc.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods
- Visa application fees
You will be provided with a comprehensive pre-departure handbook and 'code of conduct document' to assist in preparing for the adventure. These documents provide detailed information on what to bring, what to wear, how to behave in relevant cultural situations, as well as valuable money and visa advice.
- Project requirements: Police Clearance Certificate
- You must apply for a Tourist Visa and not mention volunteer work as it would complicate/deny visa.
- Volunteer work will be available during weekdays only. During national holidays participants will have the chance to participate in the festivals.
- Our partner organization will need your emergency contact information, allergies and other medical conditions, age, gender and country of origin plus flight details. Your travel advisor can help you submit all the necessary information.
- Volunteers are required to dress with respect, which means no short skirts or vest tops.