It’s best to arrive on the actual start date as there’s no activities on day one, so you’ll have plenty of time to check in, relax and meet your group. If you do arrive in Melbourne before your start date we will still pick you up from the airport and will book you into the hostel from the day you arrive. You’ll just need to pay approx. $30AUD for any extra nights when you check in (not included).
Below is the itinerary for your introduction to Melbourne.
G’day and welcome to Oz! After landing in Melbourne we’ll meet you at the airport and bring you to our hostel in the heart of the city. Tonight you’ll meet up with the rest of your group and get excited for all that’s yet to come in the Land Down Under.
Today we’ll sort all your essentials, such as your bank account and SIM card to ease you into Aussie life. Once done with the life admin, we’ll get acquainted with Melbourne’s buzzing creative scene, chic neighbourhoods and exquisite food and coffee culture on a walking tour of the city Get your dancing shoes on this evening, because we’re off to see what Melbourne’s got to offer after dark! There’s truly something for everyone.
Meals included: Breakfast
Today we’re travelling back in time to learn about the rich history and culture of Australia’s Indigenous People, dating back over 50 000 years. This morning we’re travelling back in time as we gain a fascinating insight into the rich history and traditions of Australia’s First Nations Peoples. This afternoon we’ll explore the funky area of St Kilda and get some beach time, making the most of the sunshine before an arvo sesh at the Espy.
We’re leaving the city today to travel one of the most stunning stretches of coastline in the world - the Great Ocean Road. From the recognisable 12 Apostles to lush rainforests, we’ll be humbled by the beauty of nature at every turn. Sun in our face, wind in our hair, we could get used to this Aussie lifestyle!
Meals included: Lunch and Dinner
This morning we’ll check out the Mornington Peninsula, a coastal region that meshes quaint European vibes with relaxed Aussie charm. After a dose of the alfresco lifestyle, get ready to meet some of Australia’s furry locals as we head to Phillip Island. We’ll walk through the canopy at a Koala Reserve to spot these cuddly creatures in their natural environment, then go down to the beach to watch the Penguin Parade. We’ll watch these cuties waddle from the ocean to their burrows.
Meals included: Breakfast
Today our crew of friendly travel experts are at your disposal to help organise any onward adventures in Australia and beyond. We’re here to help plan everything you need for the trip of a lifetime. Tonight we’ll head up to the highest viewing platform in Australia: the Eureka Skydeck. After soaking in the glistening city skyline, we’ll enjoy another night out in Melbourne.
Securing you a great job in Australia is our priority for today! Our team will make sure you’ve got everything sorted for living and working in Australia, and we’ll get you registered with the Work and Travel Jobs program to connect you to our wide network of employers. Tonight we dress sharp for our final dinner together.
Meals included: Dinner
Your 8-day adventure around Melbourne must come to an end today, but this is just the start of your time in Australia! Prepped and ready for the next leg along with the new mates you’ve made, we’ll be there for support every step of the way.
- Discover Melbourne’s world-renowned markets and laneways
- Learn about Australia’s ancient Aboriginal cultures
- Soak up the seaside vibe in St Kilda
- Road trip the Great Ocean Road, visiting the world-famous 12 Apostles & Otway’s Rainforest
- See wild penguins and koalas in their natural habitats
- Explore the beautiful Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island
- Pre‐Departure Information - what to expect from your Working Holiday (available in Online Members Portal)
- Instructions to set up a bank account provided prior to arrival - MasterCard debit card issued to all WTC members
- Access to Online Job Board and Online Members Portal prior to arrival
- Australian Orientation / Information session
- Registration for Australian Tax File Number
- Medicare Information and set up instructions (where applicable)
- 12 months full access to our Members Only Recruitment Agency and Purpose Built Traveller Centres, National Online Job Database, and Online Resource Centre / Portal
- Job placement by our Fully Integrated / In‐house Recruitment Agency - wages paid on time into an Aussie bank account
- Private mailbox with mail holding and forwarding anywhere in Australia
- Free internet access in our Sydney and Melbourne Centres (Super‐Fast WiFi)
- Toll free emergency assistance Number - Australia wide 24/7 - accessible for full duration of WTC Membership
- FREE 2nd year work visa information pack (Online Members Portal)
- FREE Use of phone in the office for job and general enquiries and FREE fax, photocopying and scanning
- WTC Ice Breaker / Welcome drinks - FREE DRINK and SNACKS - held every week and members can attend as many times as they want
Working abroad should be a fun, rewarding experience. But finding a job in a new country can be difficult. By doing the Work and Travel program you don’t need to worry. We’ll give you everything you need to find work in Australia.
Pre arrival letter: The Work and Travel team will email you a welcome email 21 days prior to his arrival date in Australia which includes lots of useful information including - How to get to the hostel / pre-check in information / Log in details for the Jobs program and more
Before You Start: We’ll sort all the important things you’ll need before you start working in Australia. We’ll have your Aussie Bank Account open with your card and pin ready for when you arrive, along with your Aussie SIM card and Tax File number.
Training Courses: Certain jobs such as bar work and construction require you to complete specific training. We’ll explain what’s needed and can book you onto all necessary training courses after your activity week.
Work and Travel Members:You’ll get exclusive access to our Work and Travel Jobs portal,which includes access to a fully integrated labour hire job agency placing thousands of jobs exclusively available to WTC members only every year. You will also have access to the work and travel members portal which includes lots of useful information including an extensive WTC handbook we recommend reading before you travel
Unlimited Help & Advice: Your WTC consultant will give you a comprehensive ‘Work in Oz’ presentation, as well as one on one advice and support on CV Building, Job Finding, Interview Skills and anything else you’ll need to secure a great job in Australia.
Australia Wide Support: We have support staff in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane , ready and waiting to help with whatever you may need.
Farm Work & 2nd & 3rd Year Visas: If you do 88 days of regional or farm work in Australia, you can apply for a 2nd Working Holiday Visa. We’ll give you lots more info on this during your introduction, will help you find farm work and will also help you apply for your 2nd Year Visa.
- Personal Airport Pickup To The Hostel 24/7
- 7 Nights Accommodation
- 5 Meals
- All Local Transport
- Help Before You Go
- Aussie Sim Card, Medicare Number, Aussie Bank Account & TFN, Oz Jobs Program Lifetime Membership
- Awesome Group Leader
- Melbourne City Orientation
- Explore St Kilda
- Aboriginal Cultural Experience
- Great Ocean Road Overnight Trip
- Mornington Peninsula
- Koala Wildlife Park
- Phillip Island
- Penguin Parade
- Eureka Skydeck
- Melbourne Nightlife
- Unlimited Support
During your activity Melbourne week you’ll get lots of help with finding work, accommodation and your onward travel. We’ll make sure you’re comfortable with what you’re doing, where you’re going and help you with everything you’ll need to have the trip of a lifetime!