Hvad er inkluderet?
Be picked up in the morning by your experienced Adventure North Australia Aboriginal guide for the day. Journey north along the scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive from Cairns.
Arrive at Mossman Gorge Cultural Centre where you will be welcomed to the land with a traditional Aboriginal smoking ceremony. Take some time to peruse the gallery and local crafts store at the centre before journeying into the rainforest of Mossman Gorge itself with your experienced Aboriginal guide for an interpretive walk through this ancient environment. Learn about the local Kuku Yalanji people’s special relationship with the land here.
Return to the Mossman Gorge Centre for a delicious lunch at the Mayi Café.
Arrive at Cooya (Kuyu Kuyu) Beach for your Coast & Cultural Walk with a Kubirri Warra clan member. Cooya Beach is the traditional fishing grounds of the Kuku Yalanji people. Your guide will take you on a journey across Cooya Beach, demonstrating and teaching traditional fishing and gathering techniques which are still used today to source food for their family. Note: see physical fitness required
Your experienced guide will drop you back to your hotel after a day of cultural discovery.
- Return Hotel Transfers from Cairns, Palm Cove and Port Douglas
- Experienced Aboriginal Adventure North Australia guide
- 2 hr traditional fishing & gathering walk with Kubirri Warra clan member
- Homemade Damper on Cooya Beach
- Lunch at Mayi Café
- Guided Rainforest walk at Mossman Gorge
- 7:30am Cairns Hotels
- 8.00am Northern Beaches Hotels
- 8.30am Port Douglas Hotels
- 4.30pm Port Douglas Hotels
- 5.00pm Northern Beaches Hotels
- 5:30pm at Cairns Hotels
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable clothes & walking shoes (no long pants if participating in Traditional Fishing)
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Hat / Sunscreen
- Umbrella/raincoat (in wet weather)
The Coach used for the Daintree Dreaming Tour has several steps on entry and passengers will board and disembark from the vehicle several times through out the day.
The guided walk at Mossman Gorge is considered easy grade and under 1 kilometre return in distance.
The Traditional Aboriginal Fishing experience calls for a medium to high level of fitness as guests will be walking across Cooya Beach, through mudflats and wading through coastal waters up to knee height.
Guests of low level fitness would be best suited to choose the Aboriginal Art & Culture option.