Hvad er inkluderet?
Today is action packed and fast paced, so we make an early start from Hobart and drive directly to the stunning Tasman Peninsula. This area has amazing history, fascinating stories and spectacular scenery. It is also home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. We enjoy the panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout which provides a great vantage here of the surrounding area.
Passing through Eaglehawk Neck and “The Dogline” our Tour Guides will share with you some truly amazing history and stories of the area.
Then we begin one of Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks”. We follow a spectacular track, of around 2 km’s along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. The walk takes around 45-60 minutes, is undulating, but categorised as an easy walk. The track concludes at the remarkable rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen.
Next stop is the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo. We arrive here for all the action of a Tasmanian Devil Feeding. Watch the snarling, fighting and bone crushing in a spectacle of devilish behaviour during the feeding. Hand feed the wallabies and walk amongst the local fauna and flora in the charming “Unzoo” setting.
Continuing our journey, we arrive at the Port Arthur Historic Site. As we enter the Port Arthur Historic Site, there is a wealth of information and history to take in and you will have time to explore with around 2.5 hours on site. Your entry includes a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour with one of the Site’s expert guides. Discover the grim and violent history of the early Australian Penal system and get a sense of the isolation experienced by the convicts in this “inescapable prison”.
On our return to Hobart, we travel via the historic township of Richmond. Arriving late the in the afternoon, you will have time to meander the streets, stop for a coffee, visit the Lolly Shop and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use – a convict built sand-stone bridge, reported to be haunted!
Finally, before we re-enter Hobart we stop for a fabulous view across Hobart from a local lookout. A picturesque way to return to the city.
We drop you back to your Hobart City accommodation around 6.00pm.
- Visit Port Arthur Historic Site (2.5 hours)
- Explore the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
- Experience the ferocious action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding!
- Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade 2km)
- See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
- Enjoy the stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
- Visit historic Richmond Village
- Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
- Tasmanian Devil Unzoo entrance fee
- Tassie Devil Feeding
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
- Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Port Arthur Harbor Cruise
- Professional guides & interpretation
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- You may bring your lunch with you or there is plenty of opportunity to purchase food and drinks from the Port Arthur Historic Site.
What to bring/wear:
- Sensible shoes for day touring
- A variety of warm clothing
- Weatherproof jacket if possible
- Hat, sunscreen
- Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
- Visit port arthur historic site (2.5 hours)
- Complimentary harbour cruise at port arthur historic site
- Explore the tasmanian devil unzoo
- Experience the ferocious action of a tasmanian devil feeding!
- Photograph spectacular views from the waterfall bay cliff top walk (easy grade 2km)
- See the tasman national park highlights devils kitchen & tasman arch
- Enjoy the stories from pirates bay lookout, eaglehawk neck & the dogline
- Visit historic richmond village