Hvad er inkluderet?
An action-packed tour day from Launceston to Hobart via the world-famous Wineglass Bay and the East Coast.
We depart Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring Wineglass Bay, Freycinet National Park and the delights & highlights along the way.
Our drive this morning takes us through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. We make a short stop in Campbell Town where you can collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. You will have time to discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town.
After a brief stop in Campbell Town we travel to the East Coast, where we catch an amazing view of the area at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout and an opportunity to purchase some fresh oysters plucked from the beautiful surrounding waters.
Once inside Freycinet National Park we begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world – famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought-after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill.
From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with our tour guide, or for the keen walkers you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the walk down to Wineglass beach.
Wineglass Bay Beach Walk – This is a 2.5 hr return walk and adequate fitness is required. Our tour has ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy your lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania to a stunning location.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Lookout with our Tour Guide and explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay & Cape Tourville Lighthouse.
We re-group ready for the onward journey to Hobart. We stop to refuel and refresh at an east coast cafe and indulge in some local Tasmanian hand crafted ice-cream before continuing the return drive to Hobart.
We return to your Hobart city accommodation around 6.30 – 7.00pm.
(Airport Drop Offs around 6.00 – 6.30pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking)
- Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the beautiful Honeymoon Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
- Enjoy some fresh oysters from Freycinet Marine Farm
- Visit historic Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail.
- Reward yourself with a local Tasmanian Hand crafted Ice Cream!
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Launceston Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off to central Hobart City Hotel/Backpacker Hostel accommodation
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- Food and drinks
You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on the day.
What to bring/wear
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
Our tours are active and visit National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. We focus on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential. All tour participants will be participating in outdoor, active activities and therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day.
We educate all our guests on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimise negative impacts.
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Wineglass Bay Beach Walk (longer walking option)
- Honeymoon Bay & Cape Tourville lookout and walk
- Afternoon break at Devil's Corner Winery site
- Historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail